Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Basketmania

Our church had its annual fundraiser this past weekend. We always have a silent auction with lots of neat baskets...this was donated by my brother and included elderberry jelly, wild plum jelly, salsa and Blowin Smoke barbecue sauce. We will put almost anything in a basket together!
This isn't a basket, but it is an afghan I knitted for the event...using four strands of worsted weight yarn and size 35 needles, it doesn't take long to make.

We had a baby basket...


and a fall mum basket (my mom bought this one for her front porch).

Handmade thumb tacks to go with a new bulletin board and


more Blowin Smoke barbecue sauce with three cookbooks and an apron and hot mitts.
This basket was donated by Rendezvous, a great coffee house here in Columbia...yummy stuff here!


This basket has five different kinds of soup mixes, a large soup cup and a matching ladle in blue spatterware (if that is a word). I made two napkins and an apron to go with...and then I liked it soooo much I bought it myself.

A kitchen basket with three knitted dishcloths and six patchwork potholders and some liquid kitchen hand soap from Bath and Body Works.

And who could forget Rover? Here we have a reversible pet bed with treats and toys for that favorite canine. The reverse side is a cat print flannel.

Another non-basket--a scrapbooking assortment

and a watermelon basket with some Avon watermelon foot products.

A nice bathroom basket with a lovely candle and some more Bath and Body works products

and a pampering basket, full of Mary Kay and candles and beautiful note cards and who knows what else? Overall, we had a very successful event!

2 comments:

Miss Mustard Seed said...

What a beautiful afghan! My goodness...I do not have the patience for knitting, but I love it. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm currently having a giveaway, so be sure to visit!

Unknown said...

you did a great job ellen...everything looks great!!!!