Thursday, August 13, 2009

Recycled Vintage Napkin Chair Cushions

This is my seat cushion for my computer chair...made from two vintage napkins with ties at two corners.
I love the prints of the vintage napkins...sometimes you can find them in pretty good shape. So I found these and they sort of went well with my bedroom decor, so here it is.
I just sewed two of them with wrong sides together along the edges, sewed in the two long grossgrain ribbons at the two back corners....I added some about four layers of batting cut exactly the size of the napkins and then sewed up the last edge.
I found these napkins with a round table cloth earlier this year at Goodwill. I think these four napkins will make great chair cushions for my kitchen. That project is on my to do list for now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the blue apple/pear napkins. They will look so cute in your kitchen!

-Carol

Jane said...

So pretty. I have a couple of chairs that need a little pretty something. I will keep this in mind.

Brittany said...

cute idea!