Sunday, July 26, 2009

Recycled Plastic Bag Tote

Here is my latest craft project...I got this idea from my sister who had a cute bag made from plastic grocery bags. I loved it and raved about it and so I decided to make me one similar.
I used Wal Mart and appropriately, Hobby Lobby bags....it took a lot more than I imagined.

First I cut the bags (laid out flat) into strips (so I had a loop after they were cut) about 1.5 inches wide and connected them by looping one loop through another until I had a long string of them. Actually it took a very long string!
Then I just crocheted them to be the shape I wanted (I didn't really have a pattern, so I can't really tell you how). The bag actually looks better than it does here--I had just jammed a large bath towel into the bag to make it stand up for the photo, so it looks crooked.
Here is my inspiration...very cute and made by GrannyDebDesigns. She has really neat bags for sale on etsy.com (http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25966596).




2 comments:

Sarah said...

Cute! Great job!

Sew Can Do said...

Very cool & useful. It's probably crazy strong too! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)