Sunday, October 14, 2012

What little girl doesn’t want to be Batman for Halloween?

IMG_3402
I got a strange request for a black and yellow tutu for my great niece Audrey…seems she wants to be batman for Halloween and her mom wanted to “girl” it up a bit!  Liz had seen this Spiderman outfit  here on Pinterest and wanted to make a Batman costume!  
IMG_3401
I used the same technique I did here and attached the netting to one of those stretchy baby headbands.  You can buy that stuff on the roll now too at Hobby Lobby, it was 1.49 for 2 yards (1/2 off of course!)!
IMG_3413
I made her a matching hair band of course!
IMG_3424
Weego helped a lot during the whole process too!
DSC_5595 resize
With the tutu she definitely looks like a girl!  She’s a tomboy just like her mama was!
DSC_5598 resize
DSC_5599 resize
I was wondering where she was going to put that headaband!
DSC_5604 resize
Great way to think outside the box Liz for thinking of the tutu to add to a boy-ish costume!
DSC_5606 resize
I am linking to these great parties!
Signature

10 comments:

Josh and Liz said...

I can't claim the idea... it was from pinterest! :) But thanks for the tutu!! She loves it!

EllensCreativePassage said...

Thanks Liz, I gave credit to the pinner and etsy shop too!

Accidentally Wonderful said...

This is perfect!! My husband and I are expecting ou first child, a little girl, in March. My husband collects Batman comics and such. This would make a great first halloween costume!

Lily Bean said...

absoltely adorable! and she looks so happy <3

Angela said...

Love this so much, My 5 year old boy is dressing as Batman this year, I am thinking of making an adult version of this for me, lol

Nicole @WonkyW said...

So cute - I can tell by the pics that she absolutely loves it! I am making a Stay Puft Marshmallow Man costume for my daughter and adding a little tutu to gussy it up a bit :)

Jill said...

Batman in a tutu! That is just gorgeous Ellen!!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

annies home said...

cutest batman I ever saw so super cute

come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

That's adorable! I love it and she looks like she does too!

planettreasures said...

It's fabulous! I bet she loves it!
My son was batman for a while, but funnily enough my daughter had absolutely no desire to be batman or bat girl. Ah, well, they are all so different.