Wednesday, December 26, 2012

PJ Pants All Around for Christmas

IMG_4920
This is where it all started…Black Friday, JoAnns at approximately 0600.  And that is what 71 yards of flannel looks like!  It was 75% off that day and if you have never been to the Black Friday sale at JoAnns you can compare it to a stampede of goal oriented hungry cattle after they have had nothing to eat for 2 1/2 weeks.  That’s my baby sister Jenny with me…
IMG_4917
Not sure what’s going on with my hind leg there, but it was very early in the morning. I have been known in the past to make everyone on my Christmas list a pair or two of PJ pants for Christmas. 
IMG_5133
After this year I am so over the urge to make PJ pants for anyone!  This stack of cut-out, ready-to-be-sewn-up PJ pants mocked me from the time I cut them out until I finished them, yup all 21 pair!  Mocked me!
IMG_5141
I bought one pattern, because everyone has their own size preference, shorter legs, longer legs, smaller waist, etc.  I made them from a size 9mos to 2XL tall.  I used two patterns, one a children's size 2-6 and one a multi-size adult.  The baby pants I made my own pattern for…
IMG_5130
Milo helped me quite a bit…he stayed mostly by my feet, occasionally standing up asking me if I was done yet.
IMG_5208
I cut out the largest pants first with the pattern and then just cut the pattern down to the smaller sizes, the pattern was pretty tattered at the end and I believe it might have accidentally fallen into the trash can anyway! Accidentally of course!!  Then after I got all the long seams sewn, I had to place the hems and the waist line casings…and then the elastic!  I did all these assembly style, just running them through the machine, doing one part at a time.  Sometimes it got very confusing…hope no one has one leg that is tighter than the other or worse yet, a different fabric! 
IMG_5272
The cutest pair, for little monkey boy!  I have another pair cut out for Baby Brady but haven’t found the gumption to sew them up yet!
IMG_5430
Ruthie’s got a barnyard theme…and Mindy’s had peace signs and monkeys on hers.
IMG_5439
Quite a lineup, huh?
IMG_5440
Charlie always mauls his siblings with wild abandon…immediately after or sometimes during a photo session!
IMG_5486
Laney’s had cute pink, red and orange owls…Audrey’s had cute little kitty cats. 
IMG_5496
Here's Mindy with Brady...they have matching PJs!

I just might be linking to these great parties!
Signature

3 comments:

Lily Bean said...

how fun! all the pants are cute
i bought some of the pink foxy fabric you bought <3

Josh and Liz said...

I know it was a pain for you, but we LOVE them!! :) Several members of this family are wearing them as we speak!

Connie Nelson said...

that's a lot of PJ's! They look great. I did that for Christmas one year..it was a lot of work. Thanks for linking with me.