Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Newest Family Member…Meet Milo!

OK, so this year has not been the year of the Price family dog…in April we had to put Rachel our to sleep, you can read about that here.  And in November we had to relinquish our dog Weego back to the Humane Society after five months as she was really aggressive and was a biter; they put her to sleep as they were convinced she would always have problems.  So, anyway, we are a dog family for sure; my son and I both  are lost without our pooches!  When I heard that a friend had a friend trying to find a good home for her pug puppy, I begrudgingly agreed to look at the picture.
photo (1)
Killer eyes!  How could a person resist such cuteness?  Sam and I drove about 45 min to see him, not to bring him home, just to see him! Meet Milo…the newest member of our family!
photo 3
We have had him a few weeks now and he has settled in very well, maybe a few little glitches, he is 17months old so he still has puppy brain.  He chews, and he has had some potty issues since coming to our house.  We are saying that is just an adjustment phase!
IMG_5333
He loves to wear sweaters and will bring his to you to put on! He went to get his toenails trimmed yesterday at PetSmart and it took 4 staff to hold him to get the job done.  I tried by myself for 15 min at home, then decided that $9 was worth it.
IMG_5332
He won’t go outside by himself, he is scared or something, if you put him outside he sits and looks through the door, waiting or you to come with him!
IMG_5344
He is a snuggler, has to be on my lap if I am sitting down.
IMG_5324
Is he cute or what?
IMG_5296
He helps me sew too, he sits under my desk and puts his foot on the sewing machine peddle at intervals, just to keep me on my game I guess.  And he is so tolerant, when he gets thread on his face, he waits for me to take it off!
IMG_5297
Milo has definitely made himself at home!
IMG_5282
He’s not too fond of me blogging, because he can’t snuggle up against me!
IMG_5268
I haven’t taught him to fold the laundry yet, but he is working on keeping it in the basket here!
IMG_5206
Such sweetness!  Nothing like a dog’s love to keep you company!
IMG_5241
Signature

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Merry Christmas Ellen! Your new pup is adorable! We have two large dogs. One 5 year old Chesapeake Bay Retriever and one 3 year old Golden Retriever. They are alot of work but we love them. I am sure Milo will adjust just fine. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

"Just to keep me on my game, I guess" Hilarious! Good attitude, I'd probably just grumble about it.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Nice to meet you Milo and welcome! Hope to see you often! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! x Teje & Nero

Shanay said...

OMG.... he is so cute, love his big eyes.

Anonymous said...

Pugs are amazing! We have two puggles (pug+beagle) and they are the most affectionate animals I've ever known. I love hearing stories of pups that finally find a forever home.