The whole project was somewhat time consuming, mostly because I had to find the bottles for the extract.
I don’t have color printer, so just printed my labels in black and white. Then I used a colored pencil to spiff them up. I chose two different labels, both of which I found searching on Google images.
I like the round ones and added different colors to the labels and cut them out by hand, so they aren’t perfect. That’s OK with me because I am not perfect either!
The bail bottles I found (one or two at a time, I might add) at stores like Marshalls, TJMaxx and Home Goods. My plan was to use those exclusively but I just couldn’t find enough of them.
So I found these little 4 ounce bottles on eBay for less than $1 each, including shipping, the bail top ones ranged from $1.99 to 2.99 each. The vanilla beans came from OliveNation.com. They were much cheaper there than in the stores like World Market.
My feline assistant had to help with the photo shoot of course! I must tell you this is a project you have to plan months in advance because the beans need to steep in the vodka for 3-6 months (depends on who you ask) for it to be optimally flavored.
I am linking to these great parties!