My latest project…
I was out thrifting and running around with a few friends and saw this…
I thought it was pretty cute, thought it might look better if they had used a desert plate instead of a cup saucer.
When I found these four dessert plates at Marshall’s for $5 (clearance aisle), I knew what I wanted to do with them.
I found three of the bases in my candle closet (not that I really have enough to call it a candle closet, but hey that’s what I call it!) and bought the footed sherbet for $1.
I used E6000 to attach the glass bases to the bottom of the plate, being careful to center the base on the bottom of the plate.
Easier written than done, but the good thing is that the glue will allow you 15 min or so before it sets up, so I just kept looking at them and adjusting them until I thought they were perfect (or close!).
I am satisfied with the end result, loving it more than the inspiration footed plate with the cup saucer!
And oddly enough, they are graduated heights (
purely accidental I planned it that way!)
Mmmm, that chocolate chip muffin looks good!
I am linking to these great parties!