Monday, December 24, 2012

Cute Little Baby Jammie Pants!

IMG_5247

I love sewing for babies! 

IMG_5248

I made little PJ pants for my great nephew Brady…his mama is getting some for Christmas so I figured he needed some as well.  I have seen reversible pants on Pinterest (I think…but of course, I cannot find that pin!).  The pair on the left were the first ones I made and I am pretty sure they wouldn’t fit a 2 month early preemie, so I had to make some more substantial one for my Brady baby!

IMG_5249

I just used some measurements from a pair of his pants and made myself a pattern, although you could use a regular pattern and do the same thing.

IMG_5250

Just cut out two pair, sew up the side seams and  inseams and the middle seams and turn one pair wrong side out…and one right side out.  Put them inside each other with the right sides showing.  I used bias tape to finish the hems and I used the fold over elastic to finish the top of the pants. 

IMG_5252

Of course, I had to embellish some onesies to go with too!

IMG_5254

My sis Sarah made the owl on her embroidery machine and I sewed it on and love how it looks!  I intended for it to be slightly off center (well, not really, but that is my story now and I am sticking to it!).

IMG_5255

And this chevron circle that matches one side of the pants is so cute with an iron on monogram!  Love it! And cannot wait to see it on the wild man!  Hoping his mama will take his pic in this outfit when it arrives today!  Hint, hint, Jess!

IMG_5256

I am linking up to these great parties!

Signature

15 comments:

Annie said...

Those are really cute! Love the cute and fun fabric combinations!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Adorable!!! I would love you to come join my Pin Me Linky Party that starts Friday morning at 8am CST.

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute!! I found your blog on the blog hop and am your newest follower. Maybe you could pop on by and follow back?

Hugs,
Sarah
www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

Anonymous said...

These are so precious!!! Love them:)

Katie
www.funhomethings.com

Jodi said...

these are so great!! what a fun little gift idea!

Anonymous said...

I love the fabrics you've combined in these pjs. So adorable!!

HannahW said...

So very cute!

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

I have some super soft baby fabric I bought just because it was cute and on sale with no idea what to do with it, but do have a little one's birthday coming up. What a great idea. I'll have to see if I can use your post to help me create some cute little jammie pants. Love the alternate fabric turned up as a cuff.
Liz

Tracey said...

These are gorgeous Ellen :)
xx

LilyWhite said...

As always, Adorable project! Don't forget about our Frugal Crafty Home blog hop!
xoxo, Jordan

www.lilywhite-designs.com

Rasmussen Family said...

i made my first pair of pj pants for my toddler, hubby, and myself this year! i loved how they turned out so i'm going to be whipping up some more. i love the chevron!

Jill said...

GORGEOUS little outfits Ellen!!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Sooooo cute!!


Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

So darling! I just happen to have a baby to sew for, so this may be next on my list! I will be featuring it on my blog tomorrow!

http://www.sumossweetstuff.com

Thanks!
Sumo:)

Susie @bowdabra said...

Happy New Year!
Thank you so much for sharing your crafty project with us last week in the Bowdabra Crafty Showcase. We love seeing your creations! If you haven't yet stopped in, the new Showcase is up and running! We can't wait to see what you share with us in 2013!

Susie@Bowdabra
http://bowdabrablog.com/2013/01/05/saturday-showcase-craft-project-linky-14/