Sunday, December 2, 2012

17 Quick and Easy (Mostly) Christmas Gifts

I thought I would share some easy and fast and inexpensive ideas for Christmas gifts!  Click on the pictures to go to the original post with tutorial….Happy crafting!

Tile coaster

Tile Coasters (you could also use printed photos for this project)

Christmas garland

Wool felt garland (also great with regular felt or in different shapes)

crochet hair clips

Crochet Hair Clips (obviously for those who crochet)

Jenga keychain

Jenga Personalized Key Chains (by my sis Sarah)

cardboard rose wreath

Cardboard Rose Wreath

ponytail holders

Ponytail holders by Sarah

dictionary page note cards

Dictionary Page Note Cards

Caramels

Homemade Caramels

foot creme

Foot Crème (great for dry winter skin all over!)

knob lid jars

Knobbed Jar Lids (fill the jars with fancy candy or homemade goodies)

pink crown

Princess Crown (another crochet project!)

banner

Layered Bunting (Make from scraps…easy to sew!)

flower canvas

Flower Canvas (cheap art!)

candle holder

Mod Podge Sheet Music Candle Holder

BBQ Rub

BBQ Rub (this was popular with the guys last year!)

envelopes

Fancy envelopes (made from scrapbook paper and old maps)

100_6266

Glittery Pine Cones (cute in a basket or gift bag)

Most of these projects can be made with minimal cost, many of them were made with leftover supplies from other projects.

I am linking to these great parties!

Signature

22 comments:

Katie said...

Such cute gifts! I love the BBQ rub idea - we have a lot of grillers in our family!!

Gift Card envelopes said...

So cite gifts..thanks a lot you share it..so many ideas..

Ana Love Craft said...

Cute gifts!!! Love the cat crown! Thanks so much for sharing! I'd love for you to visit my blog.
Happy day!
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

allisamazing said...

What fabulous ideas! Thanks for sharing.

Cocalores said...

Love that flower canvas - and those envelopes are really cute, too! Thanks for linking up at Cute Handmade Gifts! =)

the cape on the corner said...

princess crowns! so cute!

Jill said...

Lovely gift ideas Ellen!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

What fun ideas!

Unknown said...

This is such a great and inspiring post! Thanks for it! I found your blog at One Artsy Mama and have started following you for even more inspiration :-) -Meg megs-mess.com

Becca said...

Fun ideas! Those crochet clips are so cute and I like that key chain idea. Handmade gifts are the best. :)

ahumblebumble.blogspot.com

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

love your ideas!! I've made some of them keyrings before

would love it if you could share this on my link party @ www.serenityyou.com

Natasha xx

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Great ideas!! I'd love you to come link up at my Pin Me Linky Party.

Anonymous said...

Really cute Christmas ideas! Thanks for sharing them at Frugal Crafty Home!

Carrie from Carrie This Home said...

These are really great ideas! I really like the BBQ rub mix because it's harder to find DIY gifts that men will actually like ;) Thanks for linking up to the Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop.

Valerie said...

What wonderful ideas! We are "neighbors" so to speak...we live in the Kansas City area...I'm a MU grad...and I grew up in STL. (I also spent 2 years at Truman State in K-ville.) Although I live in Kansas now, Missouri will always be home to me!

Anyway, loved all your crafts...especially the cardboard roses wreath and the BBQ rub. Might have to make those for all the men in my life!

Blessings,
Valerie

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Thanks for linking up to Things I've Done Thursday. You'll be featured tomorrow!

Susie @Bowdabra said...

Your wonderful collection is our top feature this week in our Bowdabra Feature Friday! Congrats!

Thanks for linking up. Here is your feature http://bowdabrablog.com/2012/12/14/feature-friday-bowdabra-top-crafty-showcase-picks-27/

We hope to see you again this weekend for the Saturday Showcase! Have a great weekend!
Susie at Bowdabra

- Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl said...

Ellen, those are so many great gift ideas to choose from! I have to laugh a little at the princess crown. You have a beautiful cat ;-). Thanks for linking up at the DIY Gift Idea party.

Megan Gunyan said...

All are great ideas, you are so creative! Thanks for sharing and have a great holiday!

Garden Chef said...

Such ingenuity!

petersmith said...

princess crowns! so cute! Pawn My Rolex

Shannon Barefoot said...

Just so you know... this post is my "monthly feature" for the month of January. It had the most views at my link party in the month of December.

Thanks for sharing!

Shannon
www.sewingbarefoot.blogspot.com