Saturday, December 11, 2010

Last Minute Gifts: Mod Podge Candle Holders

I made these today...glass candle holders from Michael's that I Mod Podged and decorated with some glitter.  They remind me of something from the 1970s, but I still think they are cute!  And they are Christmas presents.
The peace signs candle holder is made from a piece of scrapbook paper. 
I put a larger votive inside so that it would last longer than a tea light.
I think I like the music one more because there the back of the music sheets show on the inside of the holder.  The peace signs candle holder is just white on the inside.
I wanted to light them but since they are presents, I didn't!
Total cost (including candles) for both candle holders was $7.50. 

9 comments:

Brandy said...

These turned out really cute. I love that you added glitter.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love these. Thank you so much for sharing!

Melissa said...

Those are super cute! Thanks for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All.

Jacqueline said...

Fun project. I love that the music shows through too. I mod podged some battery candles so that they look more festive. I love it!

Anne said...

Saw these over on Tatertots weekend linky party -- super pretty!

Megan Gunyan said...

Cute! What a great gift idea!

Amanda said...

Just dropping by to let you know that I linked to this post in a round up today from the Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :) You can see the feature here
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/9-candle-and-candle-holder-projects/

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

Ankhha said...

Lovely idea... I hope you won't mind, I put a link to your wonderful crafting page on my blog.

thanks for the inspiration!

http://craftylinks.blogspot.com/2011/01/modge-podge-candle-holders.html

srpprcrftr said...

I love your candle holders, don't see why they couldn't be used all year unless the music on it is specifically Christmas. So pretty, imagine they look really special when they're lit us. I love to have candles lit in my home at night, makes things look so cozy and if it's a scented candle makes things smell nicer. (we have a dog that looks alot like the dog on your old header in his snow coat.)