Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Gift Card Holders

I whipped these up tonight for some gift cards for Christmas.  They were very easy and I made three of them in about 15 minutes. 

I cut two 42 x 3.5 inch strips and sewed them right sides together along the long sides.  I turned them right side out and then cut them in thirds.  I folded them in thirds and sewed the edges down, leaving the flap free.  I decided not to put any trim or buttons, just sewed across the ends so they wouldn't fray.
My quality control cat is checking them out...she gave them a thumbs, or paws up!!
Very cute and easy!
I had made some of these this summer from a Lazy Girls pattern.  A bit more complicated, but still very cute for those gift cards!!

3 comments:

Trinh @ StretchingForStyle said...

Haha my cat is just like yours! She loves to check out whatever I'm working on too.

Jill said...

Lovely simple idea!
Thanks for linking to A Round Tuit
Have a lovely week

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://jembellish.blogspot.com/

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com said...

Great idea!!