Friday, December 31, 2010

An early Christmas Gift from Sarah Claus!

I got a package in the mail a few days before Christmas from my sister Sarah...it was stuffed full of all sorts of really
cool handcrafted things!
Like this set of wooden JOY blocks.  Such great colors and they can be stacked like this....
or lined up like this.
There were two coasters made out of fabric and ribbon scraps, quilted and then covered with a layer of tulle.  These are soooo cool and I hadn't seen this idea before.
And then these twill tags to personalize and sew into my creations!
And handmade soap with a soap holder to use in the shower, in a pretty mod podged box.
The soap holder is crocheted with cotton yarn.
And then there is this believe Christmas ornament!  It looked great hanging off the arm of my snowman.

A cute little piggy whisk filled with Hershey kisses...I whisk you a merry Kiss-mas!  Such a great idea!
Then there is a really sweet snowman magnet for the fridge!
Then this sweet little wool package!  Perfect for underneath my little pine tree!
And of course the latest in craft magazines!   Then I found a problem....
It's these earrings at the bottom of the package...Sarah and I have been trading these earrings back and forth with every occasion we have to mail them to each other.  They are really gruesome and we keep embellishing them and altering their "beauty".  These wild earrings have been around for probably at least 20 years!
Sarah glued some beads on them to spice them up a bit!  Of course I will (not) wear them all the time!!! 

1 comment:

Regina said...

I love the tradition of an on-going gag gift! And I think you should model them for us so we can behold their true beauty.

Wonderful gifts!