Saturday, December 11, 2010

Baby Jesus Ornaments

I saw some really cute baby Jesus ornaments posted here and loved them!  I am trying not to buy anything, so I wanted to use what I had.  I bought these four gold vine nests at Salvation Army this summer, for a quarter each.  I knew I would do something with them eventually and that time has come!
I made mine a bit differently...I used vintage silver pipe cleaners to create the stars on one end of the pipe cleaners.  I attached the other end of the pipe cleaners to the nest underneath the head of Baby Jesus. 
The only thing that I purchased was the half ball wooden pieces and they were a quarter each too.  I painted them light flesh color and used a paint marker to make the eyes.
I used bleached muslin for the swaddling.  They look really sweet on the tree!
I am thinking these would look good as package decorations too!

10 comments:

Sara @ Mom Endeavors said...

Found you at Under the Table! These are SO cute! Great idea! May try to make one with my little guy! Thanks for sharing!

Jill said...

CUTE! I've never seen ornaments like this before! I like them!
Thanks so much for linking this to A Round Tuit too!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://jembellish.blogspot.com/

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Adorable! Such a sweet ornament.

Elisabeth said...

Aren't these darling and at an amazing price.

Very cute.

Elisabeth

Anonymous said...

Love these!

Gramerly said...

sweet

Melissa said...

How cute! Thanks for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All!!

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

Darling!!! Thanks for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions :) Hope you stop by again soon.

Megan Gunyan said...

Oh, adorable, Ellen! You're so creative. I love the cute little face and star! Wonderful job!

I hope you can join my vintage tag giveaway going on now! alittleknickknack.blogspot.com

Stiff said...

sweet