Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Decorating

100_6416

Simple was my plan this year in decorating for Christmas.  I cut branches off trees in my woods and used them to make swags, one for the front door and one for the mailbox.  I also got all the branches I wanted from the tree farm…they were very generous.

100_6417

And I used some branches to fill a flower pot.  I added lights and pinecones and seashells, all things that I had on hand.

100_6436

It looks really pretty at night.

IMG_5057

For the mailbox swag I used the netting that was used to tie the tree up for the trip home…it is red and white striped.

IMG_5066

I cut down the tree myself…it was only 4 foot tall, I went to a tree farm and rode the wagon out to the field.  Kinda fun!  It was in the 70s so it didn’t feel much like it was time to cut down a Christmas tree, but it was still fun!

100_6536

The Baby Jesus ornament is one of my faves!

100_6534Since the tree was like a Charlie Brown tree, we only used a few strands of lights and very few ornaments.

IMG_5075

Sam and I put our usual tree topper on (it is about 12 inches high) and it immediately fell over!  So I used fishing twine to attach this star fish to the top…looks great!

IMG_5087

Hershey’s candy canes in a blue mason jar…

IMG_5092

and just a few other decorations scattered around…glittery bottle brush trees (from WalMart, ranging from 75 cents to $2).

IMG_5146

Sarah made this for me…I love it!  Our old countdown I made probably 15 years ago and it is hideous!  It’s now in the Goodwill box! 

IMG_5117

This is Milo…he is our newest family member, he’s a pug who is 1 1/2 and he is a wild animal!  Tons of fun and very sweet and snuggly.  He is my Christmas gift to myself (he was free, so it was easy!).

IMG_5096

Vintage gold ball ornaments from my grandma mixed in with bright blue glass balls.

IMG_5065

A gift from one of my nieces last year…

100_6522

A waterless snow globe in a blue mason jar with a single tree inside.

100_6523

A few realistic looking plain evergreen trees…

100_6531

and lots of lights.

100_6541

A gourd snowman sits on my mom’s little chair (she got it as a child and it has survived all these years!).

Hope you are enjoying the simple pleasures of this Christmas season.

Signature

1 comment:

Susie @Bowdabra said...

We love your creative post and appreciate you taking the time to share it with us in the Crafty Showcase. Stop back in to see who gets featured on Friday.

Merry Christmas,
Susie, Sandy, Sarah & the Bowdabra Designers
http://www.bowdabrablog.com