Cleaning out the garage and finishing all my “to do” projects is one of my goals this summer. This table has been in the garage since the beginning of last summer.
When I bought it (did I mention I only paid $1 for it??) at the church yard sale, it had a ragged bamboo top that was falling apart, but the metal base was solid.
I sprayed it with Rustoleum rusty metal primer and it sat for a long time. Then I used spray paint left over from the metal glider (blue of course) to give it several light coats. Meanwhile I made the glass tile mosaic top on a 12 x 12 tile board. And I kept moving it from one surface to another out in the garage…
This past weekend, when it was in excess of 100 degrees outside of course, I put it all together. I had to use a board underneath the tile (because I wasn’t sure if I could screw through the tile board and I was afraid of breaking a tile) to attach it to the base. I glued the tile board onto the wooden board and screwed the wood to the metal frame base.
I am trying to stage my projects better, photographically speaking. So I just have to tell on myself. I was working on this post and noticed one of the photos had some
underpants “delicates” on a hanger in the background! Lovely! Hey, I was just conserving energy during this heat blast we have been having and drying most of my clothes outside on a hanger instead of running the dryer. At least I noticed it before I posted!
I am linking to these great parties!