Here’s the pitiful before…silver fake stainless steel, torn laundry bag. But the good news is that I only paid $1 for it at an auction! Sam needs a laundry hamper for his bathroom and that’s why I bought this baby!
I used some leftover spray paint…hammered metal in an oil rubbed bronze color and gave it several good coats.
I was going to make a new bag for it, but as I was ready to cut it apart for the pattern, I realized that the bag itself wasn’t in terribly bad shape. So I just replaced the loops and sewed up a few holes it the seams.
Then I gave it a good bleaching and it brightened up a lot. When I make a new one, I will do it a little differently. There were a few design flaws in this bag that I could fix!