Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Patriotic Planter

100_4508

I love pops of color on my deck garden…I thought a red white and blue theme would be good for the summer. 

100_4510

White periwinkles, blue salvia and red verbena with red coleus look great together. 

100_4512

I added some white star fish and a cobalt blue watering ball.

100_4514

The pot was painted red and over the past few years the paint has worn off around the top.  Just perfect for that vintage look!

100_4515

I added a reddish foxtail grass for some height and some creeping jenny (which is not creeping too much yet) to trail over the sides.

100_4520

Baby Kitty approves.  You can’t turn around here without getting in the way of a cat!  I only have three (Frosty, Baby Kitty and Mama Kitty).

100_4528

I added some of the spoons that I imprinted and it looks great!  I

100_4561

100_4519

Looks  great on the corner of the deck!

100_4562

I am linking to these great parties!

Signature

6 comments:

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Perfect Summer and Fourth idea.

Little City Farm said...

Your patriotic planter turned out great - super use of colour, but it's those spoons that I am in love with. They are adorable. Thanks for sharing at our party this week.

Etcetorize said...

Your deck space looks great! And your patriotic planter is a nice addition. Love all the colours together. Thanks for sharing at the Motivated Monthly Garden party at Etcetorize!

Sarah said...

This pretty patriotic planter makes me want to redo our pots on the front porch. Happy 4th!

Unknown said...

Love your planter, specially that white star fish.
I love to add misc/random items into my pots, makes the plant interesting.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Michele

Donal Alfonso said...

Love your planter, specially that white star fish. I love to add misc/random items into my pots, makes the plant interesting. Have a wonderful weekend. Michele