Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cloche Arrangements

I try to mix up my cloche arrangements every so often.  I have been wanting to use one as a terrarium of sorts, so I found a button fern and wrapped some moss ribbon around a plain old terra cotta pot. 
100_4614
Sarah gave me the owls…they are so cute.  And the blue plate under the cloche goes to a cobalt blue cloche Sarah also gave me!
100_4611
What doesn’t look better with seashells?
100_4615
This cloche has seashells on top of a lacy doily with a birds nest and eggs. 
100_4591
Have I mentioned I love seashells?
100_4596
Well, I also happen to really like peacock feathers (I even have a Pinterest board full of them—here). 
100_4592
I added some spools with mostly blue thread on them to a blue mason jar.  I thought it looked OK, but it wasn’t tall enough to look great in the cloche!  So I added a peacock feather…perfect!  And the colors were perfect in the thread!
100_4595
Looking great!
100_4599
I am linking to these great parties!
Signature

7 comments:

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I love all your cloches and am in need of learning what to do with them. Thanks for the tips!

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Very nice. I love your cloches and what you showcased inside them. I love the wooden spools. Stopping by from At the Picket Fence.

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Very nice. I love your cloches and what you showcased inside them. I love the wooden spools. Stopping by from At the Picket Fence.

Donna Wilkes said...

Came over from Shabbilicious to see more of your cloche designs. You are very talented at the arrangements. I love the spools. I am still envious of your cloche collection!

Distressed Donna Down Home

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Great ideas. I have been looking for some of those deep cloches. No luck yet. Yours look fantastic.

Taylor @ Pink Heels Pink Truck said...

I love how you styled these! Thanks so much for sharing this at my Unveil Your Genius link party last week! I hope you'll link up again soon! :)
http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/2012/06/unveil-your-genius-link-party-17.html

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Hi Ellen, These are so great because you totally thought "outside the box". Love the colors too!

Warmly, Michelle