Tuesday, June 19, 2012

TV Tray Rescue and Remodel

You might remember my post here about my auction buys from the past few weeks.  I bought this TV tray (that’s what the seller told me it was in a former life) for $1.  I thought it might be good to hold some plants.  Here’s a before…
100_4503
Up close…pardon the blurry pic please!
100_4507
Love the diamond design!
100_4605
And here it is after!  I know the color is not much different but I used Krylon hammered metal paint.  It really covered the roughness in the tray and gave it a modern finish as well.
100_4606
This little tray is as solid as can be…I am thinking I might use it in the kitchen or in the pantry.
100_4612
I am linking to these great parties!
Signature

11 comments:

Mrs. Handyverger said...

I love it! Just gorgeous. :) Sometimes paint may not look like it makes a big difference in photos, but in real life, it changes everything! I have a rusty pole that used to be a part of a drying rack on my patio that's now a shimmering copper - similar in pictures, much better in reality! Anyway, I think your little cart is adorable. :)

Adorned From Above said...

This is really beautiful. I was wondering if you would link it in my Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop. Here is the link:

http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/06/natural-aftershave-and-wednesdays.html

I would love to have anything that you would like to link.
Sincerely,
Debi Bolocofsky
www.adornedfromabove.com
Adorned From Above

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

I would be jumping up and down inside if I came across this and for a dollar my heart might pop out. :) Can you tell I like it?
Liz

chateau chic said...

Your $1 cart is wonderful! What a great versatile piece!
Mary Alice

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Wow! What a steal for $1 ... it's a really great piece! So versatile ... you could do some really fun things with it. It looks great all freshened up with some new paint.

Kara at Petals to Picots said...

Great buy!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

What a great deal! It looks wonderful in your outdoor space. Megan

Toodie said...

Love the cart, and I CAN see the difference on my computer. Great job!

Helen and her Daughters said...

I love your little cart. I bought a similar one a while back and I painted it and use it in my kitchen.

Unknown said...

What a fantastic rescue! Looks perfect on your deck! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party .. can't wait to see what you share next!
xoxo
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for linking up to TA-DA TUESDAY! What a great project, I would have never thought to rescue something like that! If you haven’t already, I’d be delighted if you’d follow back : ) blessings!
~Misty
413 Sparrow Lane