Sunday, June 10, 2012

Auction finds

I love auctions and thrift stores…I’m sure that is not news to anyone who follows this blog…Here are a few things that I have found lately!
100_4498
Quilt $26…had a few spots where the pieces are frayed…it was sold as a cutter quilt, but it is too good to cut up!
100_4502
I love this box of vintage sewing patterns from the 1950s and 60s!  Lots of great patterns here…I have been wanting to make some flowers from old pattern pieces.  Can’t wait to try that!
100_4503
Little metal cart, it was bought new in 1960 and I paid $1 for it!  Yep, I have been wanting a cart like this for my plants.  I plan on painting it, maybe an oil rubbed bronze metallic?
100_4495
I have great plans for this laundry hamper too.  I think it was $1 too.
100_4493
Beautiful barkcloth (they were curtains) fabric…I don’t remember exactly how much the highest bid was, but I love this stuff!
100_4490
And finally, a box of wooden spools, tons of crochet hooks and knitting needles, some buttons and a pretty doily, $9. 
Signature

5 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

Lucky you!!!! Fabulous stuff....especially that last box...whoeee! Amazing bargains! It's all great. I would have gotten the same stuff! You go girl!

Unknown said...

Oh my! You have certainly found some wonderful buys! Can't wait to see what you do with the metal cart, and that quilt is unbelievable at 26 dollars!

Kara at Petals to Picots said...

What great finds!

Rustown Mom said...

wow! Amazing collection of vintage goodies - lucky you!

Debra said...

Ah love that quilt! What a bargain!