Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Resolutions…to make or not to make…that is the question!

I used to make resolutions, but not so much any more. It seemed like when I did make them, for sure I wouldn’t follow through. Plus they were always the same every year. Lose weight, keep a cleaner house, be a better mom, spend less money.  You know the drill!  A few years ago I decided to stop making them and stop breaking them.  I just sort of chose an idea or a wish that I wanted to come true, and just focused on making it happen.

BlogBling (1)

Last year it was to get things in my home more organized.  I was fairly successful at that.  The year before I focused on financial planning and make some significant changes. This year I couldn’t really decide which way to go, but I think balance is what I came up with, a balance in my life. 

framed hope

So I was playing with Tagxedo today and came up with the words that I wanted to happen, or that I want to have…  I used Picmonkey to edit the picture some and make the frame.

BlogBling (1)

You may have noticed that I have changed my blog a bit…time for a makeover!  My niece Liz helped me did most of it with new blog buttons and now I have cute little icons for Pinterest, Etsy, Twitter (don’t hold your breath because I don’t tweet much, although I am working on that!), Instagram and Facebook.  I also updated my Link Parties and Features buttons and pages, although I am still working on the posts. 

framed blog heart

While I was playing around on Tagxedo today I made a word cloud (or heart as it may be) of the top words on my blog for the past month or so.  Kind of cool!

BlogBling (1)

So anyway, that’s all the news on this front!  Happy New Year!

signature2

2 comments:

Al@PolkaDotsandPaisley said...

I love the changes! The colour is beautiful.

jess said...

i like the blog changes too! seems more like YOU. love the word cloud art pieces...very cool. you should frame them in your house as a reminder this year of what your "goals" or resolutions are! xo