Friday, January 25, 2013

Tea table for the office

100_6939

Here’s a peek at the finished product! 

IMG_5956

This lovely step stool is what I was using before for my Sunbeam Hot Pot….the office provides coffee in unlimited quantities but I don’t drink coffee.  I do love me a cup of hot tea though!  Who knew they even made the Hot Pot any more?  I used one of these in my dorm room in the 1970s!   Anyway, this situation worked, but was a bit unhandy!

100_6855

I found this little one drawer table at a thrift store called Love, Inc.  It’s a great little store and they provide a lot of furniture and kitchen things for immigrants and displaced families. I only paid $10 for it! It was a January day in the 60s so I hauled out the spray paint and my drop cloth (some folks may call them tarps, but that doesn’t sound as good to me!). 

100_6856

I primed it with some leftover Krylon primer and then used Krylon Ocean Splash on it.  Love that color.  It was looking pretty plain by that time. 

100_6859

Hmmm, what to do…

100_6927

I tried to fall in love with it this way…just couldn’t do it, so I painted a greenish blue stripe on the top of it…

100_6936

Cute huh?  Hard to see the stripes though…

100_6938

So here it is in the office…hides a couple of ugly computer/fax hook up outlets so that is a plus.  But best of all it holds my Hot Pot and my teas and Splenda, and a few other goodies!

100_6942100_6945100_6947

I also painted the drawer the same color as the stripes on top which is a custom mixed color (by moi of course!).

100_6949

I distressed a bit around the edges and on the legs, mostly to cover up some painting flaws (there, I said it!) and I love it like that!

100_6939

I am linking to these great parties!

signature21

29 comments:

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

So cute! I can totally see the stripes in the office and they are great! Pretty color. Love your tea station!
Karen

Unknown said...

Hi Ellen, this table looks GREAT! Such a perfect solution for your office/tea issues. I like it a lot!

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

Your table caught my eye at the gingerbread blog's sweet Saturday link party. This turned out so lovely!! Very sweet :) Thanks for sharing!

~Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

Crafts a la Mode said...

I see the stripes and I like it a lot. I actually have a small table very similar and could use it but it's in an upstairs room. Thanks for the inspiration. It looks fairly easy to do also. Nice work. Linda

http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/2013/01/what-to-do-weekends-3.html

Leigh Anne @Yourhomebasedmom said...

Love the stripes and especially the color combo! I'd love for you to come over and join my Finding the Pretty & Delicious Linky Party.
http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/finding-the-pretty-delicious-linky-party-2/

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

This is such a cute way to rejuvenate an old piece of furniture - great color combo and love the stripes!

Rustown Mom said...

Love it, Ellen. A custom piece that's so much better than the step stool! Love the stripes (:

patti west said...

Your little table is seriously cute! Love that you added the light green stripe and then distressed a tiny bit. This piece has so much personality. I love it!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Love the subtle contrast!

Art and Sand said...

I have a similar table I painted with ASCP and I thought it looked good until I saw your table.

Art and Sand said...

I have a similar table I painted with ASCP and I thought it looked good until I saw your table.

Allison @ The Golden Sycamore said...

Very cute! I love the stripes! I'm kind of obsessed with stripes! ;) Wonderful job!
Allison

Audra @ Renewed Projects said...

I think the stripes ad a subtle visual texture. Really love the color you picked. (We have almost the same table except it doesn't have the drawer..hmmmmmmm it does need a facelift).

Jessica @ A Humble Creation said...

This is beautiful! The colors you picked are so lovely and calming, perfect for a nice cup of tea. Thanks for the inspiration!
I have a link party with a focus on Tables if you are interested in joining.
http://www.ahumblecreation.com/2013/01/monday-makeover-party-giveaway-winner.html

Crystelle Boutique said...

I so love it! The colors are so fabulous. The stripe was a genius idea! You have great taste!

hugs x
Crystelle

belmonili said...

It's adorable! I love the lines...it looks like the perfect size. Great job!

Shannon Barefoot said...

I love the stripes! They are subtle and pretty :) Thanks for linking up to The Weekly Creative.

Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

Terriea Kwong said...

Pretty upcycle stool. Very Provencial style, the color I love.

Mandy Hank said...

Cute table, I have been thinking of adding stripes to a table and I think you just pushed me to it! Thanks-
Just stopping by from Tuesday To Do

Mandy @ The Hankful House

Pieced Pastimes said...

Your tea table turned out so sweet. Love the stripes - so fun! Thanks for sharing,
Suzanne

The Style Sisters said...

Love the color combo....so fun and creative. Come link up to centerpiece Wed. Karin

Unknown said...

I love the stripes! I would love it if you could stop by and share you project in my linky party.

http://craftgeekjj.blogspot.com/2013/02/time-to-bring-back-linky-to-craft-geek.html

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

We have one of those electric tea pot thingies (that's the technical term, right?) my husband got it in Iraq. Your table is great, that is one of my favorite colors of spray paint, and the stripes are great! Thanks again for linking up to the 2013 Craft Challenge!

Jill @Two Yellow Birds Decor said...

That is so cute!! I love the colors! Stopping over from Shine on Fridays! I have a link party going on right now and would love for you to share this and anything else you would like!
http://twoyellowbirdsdecor.blogspot.com
Jill

Unknown said...

So, so cute! Love the stripes on it :) Just saw your link over at The Answer is Chocolate.

I'd love for you to come and link up at my link party @The Weekend re-Treat

Hope to see you there!

Unknown said...

Ellen! This seriously looks SO great! Awesome job! I'm thrilled that you shared it at Shine on Fridays!

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

LOVE that color and the pop of stripes! Perfect! Thanks so much for sharing and linkin up!

Katie B. of HousewifeHowTos.com said...

You make it look so easy! Wonderful colors, and I love the way the strips and drawer contrast with the blue. Very cute!

Hani said...

I love how the stripes look on your table.. Thanks for linking up at friday fun party