Sunday, January 13, 2013

Fresh ironing board cover

 

100_6690

Just keeping it real here…

PicMonkey Collage (2) (1)

You crafters/seamstresses ever get tired of how yucky your ironing board gets to looking?  I have had this little one I keep in my sewing room for years…it was definitely time for a new cover!

100_6678

I just pulled off the old one (don’t judge!) and used it as a pattern before I tossed it in the trash!100_6680

The foam pad underneath mine was so thin too, I decided to fluff it up some.

100_6682

I serged around the edge of the newly cut fabric (I used flannel leftover from Christmas PJ pants) with a very wide stitch.

100_6688

I then threaded the string from the old cover through the stitching all the way around the cover (don’t be envious of my lovely fingernails…just sayin…).   I cut  three layers of quilt batting to cover the foam and then put the cover on over the batting, pulling the string tight through the stitching. Tadaaaa!  I also put up one of those 3M plastic hooks to hang it on the closet door and keep it out of my way. 

100_6690

I am linking to these great parties!

signature21

17 comments:

Amy said...

I love the fabric you chose! I've been wanting to do mine for so long! (Glad I'm not the only one who's ironing board looks yucky!)

Angela said...

Love this! I need to do this asap, lol

Katie said...

Love this ironing board cover!

Sophie Belle Designs said...

I have to make a new cover at least every 6 months, and I love it when it's all new and clean

sadf said...

Nice! I love that fabric, is the flannel a pain to work with fabric on though? I'm thinking I need to re-do mine as well!

Lily Bean said...

came out cute! great work

Danielle said...

Love the fabric!! I redid my ironing board cover a few months ago but never completed it... You've motivated me to reconsider! =) Happy Wednesday!

Danielle
SewMuchCrafting.com

SewSweetVIntage said...

Been meaning to make a cover for my mini ironing board. Saw a stapled version but like your much more! Pinned www.sewsweetvintage.com

Crafty Brooklyn Army Wife said...

This came out great!! When it is time for me to update my ironing board...I am going to follow your instructions. TFS!!

Stopping by from Seven Thirty Three's linky party. Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2013/01/fun-fur-boa-scarf.html

Unknown said...

Love how it turned out. Pretty neat!:)

Hopping by and following your lovely blog's twitter, FB, IG and Pinterest. I blog @ Getting Healthy with Essential Oils

I am also inviting you to join Tiddle Diddle Handmade Shoppe's first giveaway event.

Susan@Organized31 said...

Great job and the pretty fabric will make ironing a little more cheerful.

How to Nest for Less said...

great job. I totally need to do this!!!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Such cute fabric! Thanks for linking up at my Pin Me Linky Party.

Susie @bowdabra said...

Thanks for linking up such a awesome and inspirational project! Come stop by again this week and link up another project here: http://bowdabrablog.com/2013/01/26/saturday-showcase-craft-project-linky-17/!

Have a good week!
Susie@Bowdabra

Mommy Evolution said...

It’s a new Linky Party to create more buzz for your blog and connect with others! If you haven’t joined Creative Crafts Thursday yet, please share your projects at www.creativecraftsthursday.blogspot.com each and every week and check out what other creative divas are up to.

Carpet said...

This is a great inspiring Article.I am pretty much pleased with your good Work.You put really very helpful information

Carpet said...

This is a great inspiring Article.I am pretty much pleased with your good Work.You put really very helpful information