Monday, February 27, 2012

Vintage Yarn Label Tray

100_3595
I have been collecting vintage yarn labels for some reason…well I finally figured out what that reason was!
100_3523
I cut the labels to make a collage and glued to the inside of this Hobby Lobby tray (found at 80% off!).  Slapped a dozen or a hundred coats of Mod Podge onto it and I was done! 
100_3553
I do love it though…these labels are really cool!  I especially like the yellow chick label...mohair yarn made for JCPenny's!  

I am linking to these great parties!
Signature

3 comments:

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

I love this idea too. Lots of great projects on your blog this last week. This would be a fun way to display a lot of fun labels for different things. Have a fabulous weekend!
~Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva

no spring chicken said...

This is a terrific idea. I have a bin full of vintage yarns and I admit to hoarding the labels myself. I just love this!

Blessings, Debbie

Tammy said...

What a great idea! What a neat collection too! I am your newest follower. I hope you can visit me sometime too :) I would also love for you to share this at my Linky party that is going on right now called Rustic Restorations Weekend.
http://homespunhappenings-tammy.blogspot.com/2012/06/rustic-restorations-weekend-party-8.html