Sunday, February 26, 2012

Driftwood Mobile

I have been meaning to make one of these forever.  My Craftsman drill has been broken for a while, so I was waiting for that to be remedied!  Anyhooo, I just bought a new drill/screw driver and love it, it is a Skilz brand and has a lot more get up and go than the old one!  So, I got my driftwood out and lined them up to be in graduated lengths.
100_3583
100_3586
I drilled a single hold in the approximate middle of each piece of wood.  I looked all over for some sea glass that I could drill holes in, but then had trouble finding the glass drill bit. 
100_3580
So I ended up going with sea glass colored beads, strung one or two of them between each piece of driftwood.  I just used a fine nylon string that I found in the garage.  I would think some nylon fishing line would be good as well.
100_3571
I will be glad when the trees leaf out and there will be more of a “natural” background!  We have had such a mild winter, even so I am ready for it to be over! 
100_3566
I am linking up to these great parties!
Signature

14 comments:

Jill said...

Looks great Ellen! I love the look of the beads between the wood!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Meeha Meeha said...

Wow, I love it more than I can say! I just popped by for a quick visit, but I love your open style and now I'm a follower :)

Rustown Mom said...

That's lovely. I can picture it in my mom's yard.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a cute idea, we have a lot of drift wood around here too! Thanks for sharing.

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Those are just beautiful! I love driftwood and the seaglass beads just give it some awesome punch. Saw you over at Making Monday Marvelous.

Anonymous said...

This is so lovely! I love the color of the beads you chose for it. It makes me feel more relaxed just seeing your photos of it!

Anonymous said...

This is so lovely! I love the color of the beads you chose for it. It makes me feel more relaxed just seeing your photos of it!

Terri said...

Love it! Sent by CraftOManiac. We are followers now. Love your style! Did you know Craftsman has a lifetime guaranty? Try returning your drill to Sears! Terri Betz

Stephanie said...

love the blue in there!

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

What a clever and beautiful idea! Thank you so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday and I hope you'll stop back soon :)

Amy said...

I love the beads that you choose. They give a great contrast to the wood.

Jo's Place said...

That looks amazing, love the blues with the natural wood colour. this would look fabulous in my girls fairyland.

said...

it is so nature.. lovely creation.. nice photos !!!!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! Love it's sweet natural simplicity! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink hIppo Party.. can't wait to see what you share next~