Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Saturday’s thrifty finds

I scored some great finds Saturday!  I may not be able to go thrift shopping for a while so thought I would take advantage of a uncommitted morning!  I am having surgery on my shoulder, of course on my right shoulder, so will not be able to use my right arm for a bit.

100_3342

I bought four white dessert plates to use underneath glass cloches, 25 cents each.  That throw on the back of the chair is a Thomas O’Brien throw from Target, it’s Mohair and acrylic, very soft and snuggly, in perfect shape and $2!  I also bought this little handled cloche (that’s what I am calling it!) for $1. 

100_3343

This all mohair scarf was another great find for $2…I will use it for the mohair yarn when I make felted wool birds nests.  The navy scarf behind the mohair one is cashmere and I will probably felt it…cost $1.

100_3347

Then there’s this great vintage fabric, bright blues, greens and yellow, kind of a coarse fabric that has great potential and it was only $3 and there are about 5 yards of it!   Love it!

100_3357

These Styrofoam wreath forms were only 25 cents each.  I almost bought a few of them a few weeks ago, but decided against that because they were $3 each! 

100_3350

A cloche on a new thrifted plate!  I bought the cloche at an auction a few weeks ago for $4 (I think!). 

100_3360

This throw looks great on the chair…the chair I found at a thrift store as well for $20.  And the pink pillow was a $1 find at another thrift store! 

100_3359

I am linking up to these great parties!

Signature

5 comments:

Jen @ frazzled 5 said...

What awesome finds!! Wishing you well on the upcoming surgery.
~JEn @ hutchinsonherd.blogspot.com

Kei said...

Fantastic finds! The fabric is gorgeous :) I envy your cloches; never find any here in the UK (at least not at bargain affordable prices!)

Terriea Kwong said...

You got such good buys. So soft fabrics.

Maggie said...

Wow! What great finds! I love the vintage fabric - gorgeous colours - I'm a bit envious!! ;)
Maggie xx

EvaMae said...

I'm a new follower as of today, I LOVE that fabric.Total score!!