Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Ring or My Favorite Christmas Present Ever

Last year for Christmas, I got my best gift ever...
my mom's high school ring.  1952.  The G stands for Galatia, as in Illinois.  I love this ring. 
I love that mom gave it to me.  I love the story behind how she came to have it.
She ordered it without telling her parents that she ordered it.  It cost $17 and mom didn't have that money.  Probably her parents didn't really have it either.  Mom didn't tell her parents about the ring until it arrived at the school and it had to be paid for.
She told her mom what she had done...her mom told her to talk to her dad.  Her dad didn't say much, but came back to her in a few days with the money.  My mom loves this ring too, but she gave it to me for Christmas.  Words can't express how special this ring is to me.
Every thing and every one has a story....

4 comments:

Jess said...

Beautiful. I used to wear my mom's class ring and then it was lost somewhere in her house. I wore it constantly and it was one of my most favorite things.

jess said...

Love the first picture of you admiring it. Great gift!

jess said...

And p.s. awesome story about Grandma buying it!! I didn't know that. So cool.

Yona said...

That is a fabulous story behind the ring! Great pictures used to illustrate it.

Im a new Google Connect Friend following you from Buzz On By Thursday Blog Hop! Love if you'd follow me back.

Yona Writes
http://artpark78.com/blog1