Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pillow Frenzy!

I got in the mood this past weekend….for sewing!  I have not been feeling well for the past few months.  I had a pinched nerve in my cervical spine which made it painful for me to do almost anything with my arms.  I couldn’t hold them away from my body for any period of time without hurting pretty bad (think ironing, cutting fabric, sewing, knitting, crocheting, driving, gardening, well, you get the idea!)
So anyway, the good news is that I got that little problem fixed a few weeks ago and so now I am as good as new!  It’s amazing what those docs can do these days!  I think pretty soon they will be doing open heart surgery through the drive thru!
So, back to the topic of this post!  I had a few ideas in line for some pillows! 
100_1496
The inspiration from this Keep Calm and Carry On pillow came from this post.   I just can’t tell you how easy this is…you will just have to try it out for yourself. 
100_1494
I made the knife edges (not sure if that is what the rest of the world calls it, but that is what I call it!) and kept the design simple.  I had printed the saying on a 8.5 x 11” piece of drop cloth so I framed that piece with some grosgrain ribbon with mitered corners! 
100_1486
Even the back opening looks great on this one.  Really, drop cloth fabric is so easy to sew!  Pardon my pink ginormous shoes in the background!
100_1495
I am pretty proud of this puppy! 
100_1485
My second pillow project I made from fabric leftovers from my corkboard makeover.  I had just enough fabric for this 16 inch pillow!
100_1490
It’s made the same way as the Keep Calm pillow, knife edges, and opening in the back that the pillow just slides into.
100_1491
I love the sharp looking edges!  And it is the perfect addition to my bedroom makeover too!
100_1488
It looks great too with my refinished chair
100_1489
Love, love, love this bird on a branch fabric!
100_1492
I am linking to these great parties!
UndertheTableandDreaming

I hope you are having a great week!
Ellen

14 comments:

Pink Princess said...

I LOVE, really love pillows. I did a post about mine just yesterday, come check it out lol.

Love the Keep clam pillow, maybe going to make it for myself, thanks.

Hug from Marian

Delaney said...

These are both so fab!
SweetTea Serendipity

Beth @ Through the Eyes of the Mrs. said...

Love your keep calm and carry on pillow!

Sam Findlay said...

Great pillows!

mosey said...

great pillows, very fun!

Natasha @ Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive, 365 said...

You sure have been busy! I'm glad to see that you have been keeping calm and carrying on!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Maria Matter said...

gorgeous pillows Ellen! great job on both!

Kimberly T. said...

I love, love that blue pillow! Beautiful!! Perfect with the blue chair, too.

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

You should be proud, they look great, Ellen! Thank you so much for linking up!

Jill said...

Pretty pillows! I'm so glad your surgery went so well and you're feeling good!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Megan Gunyan said...

These pillows are awesome! I love the knife edge...I want a tutorial! ;) The blue fabric is pretty amazing as well. Thanks so much for sharing these!!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I hate to sew! :)
your pillows look great. I'm so glad your surgery was such a success!
gail

very merry vintage style said...

These are so pretty--love that blue fabric! Thanks for linking to Share the Love Wednesday!
Mary

Brit said...

Glad you are feeling better! Great job on the pillows, love them! Thanks for linking up with us! Hope to see at our next party too :)
Britney
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com