Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Updated Bulletin Board

100_0816
My bulletin board that I made here just didn’t go with my room colors anymore, so I decided to remodel it tonight. I took the corkboard out of the frame and pried off the staples holding the fabric on the backside.  The frame was made by my grandfather for my mom many years ago.  I love how simple and plain it is.
100_0818
And then I got busy stapling on my new fabric…with my electric staple gun.  It took all of 10 minutes to remove and then replace the fabric.
100_0819
and I think it looks good enough to just be art in my room!  But I still needed/wanted a bulletin board.  So….
100_0820
I started adding my little doo dads that only mean something to me…
100_0821
the sea shell I picked up in North Carolina the first time I saw the ocean when I was 23 years old, the pine cone that a friend put in my hand when I was going through a rough time in nursing school thirty some years ago.
100_0828
the Beanie Baby Ladybug that my son gave me from his Happy Meal because he knew how much I loved ladybugs (even though he collected Beanie Babies) and the painted Easter egg that a patient gave me probably 15 years ago.   
100_0826
Here is the finished adorned product!  My favorite things, my favorite sayings and of course my calendar!
100_0824
And how cute is this fabric with the leaves and birds?  I found it at JoAnn’s for 50% off!
I am linking to these great parties!
Ellen

13 comments:

Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

That fabric is so pretty! Dang, I was at JoAnns today...well, guess I have another reason to go back!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

This is so pretty and SUCH a good idea to add only things that are meaningful to you!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Cute and a GREAT quotation about miracles and choosing how to live your life!

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

I love that fabric! Thank you so much for linking up!

Unknown said...

I LOVE that fabric!! So great to put meaningful things on your board! Great job.

PuppyFly Boutique said...

I love your fabric choice for this. It looks fantastic :)

Mercedes@Mercedes Blend said...

It's more than a bulletin board, you also made a memory board. Great job!

Cecily said...

Very sweet. Love all the personal touches - beautiful!

Jaclyn | One Thousand Oaks said...

I love the fabric! It is so cute! I think i might drop by my joann's tomorrow and see if they have any! I love birds! I would love if you linked up to my make it for less mondays @ simply cadence

www.simplycadence.blogspot.com

Angela said...

This looks beautiful. I love the fabric!

Jill said...

Cute fabric - and I love all your little do-dads too!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Sydney said...

That's really nice...I love the fabric! Thanks for sharing!

Mindie Hilton said...

I would love for you to link it up to my party that is running now. Any linky goes.

http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/any-link-goes-party-running-now-summer.html

Come strut your stuff.