Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Felted Bowl and Felted Acorns...a match made in heaven!

I crocheted this bowl...sort of adapting a pattern from two different free online patterns...from three half-used skeins of wool from Goodwill!  I loved the color combo of these three yarns and took a chance to see if they would felt well together.  And this time it paid off!  I spent less than $1 on the yarn, so I was pleased with the end result. 
There is some mohair in the yarn I used all the way through, so it is slightly fuzzy.
My sister and I made felted acorns a year ago when she was at my house for a crafting weekend.
I must say I have been addicted to wool acorns since then. 
These wool balls are wet felted (except for the stripey ones which I admit to buying on etsy), allowed to dry and then hot glued into the acorn caps.
I love the pops of color combined with the natural elements of the acorn caps. 
There are several different types of acorns here too....some were mailed to me from my sister Sue just last week.
I am linking to many of the linky parties on my side bar!

21 comments:

Cecily said...

Very pretty and the colors in the bowl are wonderful.

Mare said...

great,great:)).....I love it:)...
M...

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

THose are adorable. I made some fabric acorns recently using real acorn tops, but I have never felted. Very Nice!

Johnnie said...

Hi! I am a new follower from Thursday's blog hops. These acorns are adorable. I am looking forward to reading more of your blog. Blessings...
Saved By Love Creations

Suzy Myers said...

These acorns are beautiful! I love the muted colors and they go so well with the felted bowl!

Thanks for linking up to my Commercial Break Thursday!

suzy
http://suzysartsycraftsysitcom.blogspot.com/

Sandy Ang said...

The colours are great !

Anne said...

Those are so cute! I love the unexpected colors. :)

Katie said...

So happy to see you again at A Crafty Soiree! I love the combination of the felt with the real acorn cap. I can see why you like them so much! Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing you next time too:)

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

These are fabulous. When I first looked at them, I thought the acorns were felted also, but they're real!! So cute and colorful. Love'm.

Unknown said...

Love these!

Happy Day,
Jasey @ Crazy Daisy
crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com

Megan Gunyan said...

Cute combo! I love the bright colors as well! So cute, Ellen!

Jill said...

That's just beautiful - the colours in the bowl and the warm fuzz of the wool look great!
Thanks for linking to A Round Tuit!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://jembellish.blogspot.com/

malia said...

these are fantabulous! thanks for joining us at a crafty soiree... hope to see you next week ( -:

Unknown said...

so pretty! come on over and link up to MMM!

Elise said...

Those are so cute!!
Elise

memakingdo said...

Those are so cute I need to learn how to felt! Come link up to my party memakingdo.blogspot.com

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

i love those little acorns!! so cute.

Unknown said...

i just saw a tute on this and my girls and I gathered bunches of acorn tops and now we just need the wool to felt. These look too cute!

Melissa said...

You are so cute! I love these. I love all of the cute things that you have made out of wool. Thanks for linking all of the to Tuesday Tell All.1

Holly Lefevre said...

These are adorable! I am so glad Cheri told me about them!
Holly
504 Main
DIY Club

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

So cute! Warmly, MIchelle