I found this cute stool at the Goodwill store....it was $5. The original price tag was on underneath and it was $34.99. I thought it had some potential so it came home with me!
I didn't like how the pattern in the fabric wasn't centered.
I took it apart and it was pretty easy.
I took all the staples off the underside of the cushioned area and then used the fabric to make a pattern. I found the brown circle fabric at JoAnn's for $3 a yard. So for $1.50, I recovered the cushion, adding some thick quilt batting for extra padding.
I spray painted the wicker a satin black. And I started stapling the new fabric cover on. It was at this point that my cheap electric stapler started malfunctioning, firing two staples at the same time and making me feel rather cranky!
So I forgot to take any pictures of the process...but here is the finished product...
I am really liking it...I like how it looks with the leather chair.