Friday, June 18, 2010

Chalkboard Sign Redo

I found this frame/easel/whatever you want to call it at the Salvation Army store...it was really dirty and had two clear acrylic pieces with a photo between them inside...those just slid out and I replaced them with a piece of particle board that I sanded and then painted with chalkboard paint.  It was a natural wood that had lots of scratches on it so I decided to paint it blue!
I thought I had taken a before picture, but couldn't find it...maybe I didn't take one!
Anyway, the whole project cost only $4.  The frame was $2 and the particle board was only $2, I had the blue paint for the frame and the chalkboard paint left over from other projects.
The board slides out the bottom and there is a little plastic tab you turn to keep the board in...
My sister Sarah and I hope to have a booth at a craft show after Thanksgiving and I thought this would be great for a welcome to our booth sign!  Until then I plan to use it around the house....
I'm really liking it!

13 comments:

Sue Sparks said...

I love it! It's always wonderful to transform something no-so-great into something great!

simplydesigning.blogspot.com said...

Great makeover! It turned out very cute!

Thanks so much for linking up!!

Craft Envy said...

What a great makeover! Thanks for linking up, you have an awesome blog!

Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! said...

This is great...I love a menu board! Thanks for showing it to us on Modern Craftswoman Monday! Rory

Erin Wallace said...

This is really a cool project! Here from FBT, hope to see you at Dropped Stitches!

xo Erin

Kim@Chubby Cheeks Thinks said...

Hi! Stopping by from Tuesday Tag Along! I'm following you via GFC
!
Would love for you to follow me back as well! :)

Kim

http://chubbycheeksthinks.blogspot.com

A Marine's Wife! said...

stopping by from TTA! have a great day! :)

i love this craft!

Kathleen said...

Wow! How creative. I would never have seen an old frame and thought about coming up with something like that. It looks great!

Following your from Tag-along-Tuesday. Please stop by my blog if you get a chance.

Kathleen
http://www.lifewith4boys.com

Sarah said...

I'm a new follower from Tuesday Tag-Along.
I hope you'll come check me out at PS Mom Reviews and follow me too!

Estylo Jewelry said...

Hi, I'm following you from Tuesday tag along. Looking forward to read your blog :)

Sandra.
http://www.estylojewelry.blogspot.com

Mr Monkey said...

I'm a new follower of Tuesday Tag along. please follow me back.
Thanks, Mr. Monkey

http://laughingmonkeystick.blogspot.com/

Ashley said...

I love what you did with it. Chalkboards are one of my favs. Thanks for linking up with 6 Inches of Ribbon. come back friday to link up again.

anne maskell said...

I love this idea! Especially the menu! Saves everyone from asking the age old question, 'What's for dinner Mom?' I'm visiting with the pj party, I hope you visit me too!