Friday, May 7, 2010

My Baby Bird Leaves the Nest (just for the night)!!

OK, I know this is probably way too strange, but this is the first time my son has left in his own car (which he just bought this week)...
without me, his mom...he is just going to a friend's house for the night...
but I am feeling like he has flown from the nest for the first time.
Wow, being a mom is tough sometimes!
Wouldn't trade it for anything though!
Happy Mother's Day to all mothers and mothers to be and wanna be mothers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh - I know exactly what you mean. We homeschooled so my children have always been with me. My oldest son didn't get his driver's license until he was 18 and the first time he drive off by himself was a very scary thing. Three months later, I still make him call me when he arrives at his destination and call me when he is leaving said destination :)