Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ikea!!

We managed to squeeze in a trip to Ikea while I was visiting in Colorado.  I had been to Ikea once before in West Haven, CT, so I was excited to go again!
IMG_6797
Kate, Brady, Jess and me at Ikea!
IMG_6746
I snagged this stool, $15, and it is fairly big and quite sturdy (without the nonslip strips).  I put it together last night…love it!
IMG_6745
So many great hanging light fixtures….
IMG_6741
and the great shelves and storage ideas…
IMG_6736
Brady wasn’t as excited about Ikea as us girls were!
IMG_6737
Love this light!
IMG_6738
And great looking carts…
IMG_6733
Great throw, sort of an elasticized ruffly throw…
IMG_6734
For $4.99 I snagged one of these for my “delicates”.  It’s got an octopus face on it!
IMG_6747
I went in thinking I would buy this three level cart but I didn’t think I could get it back on the airplane.  It was a pretty big box!  I had to borrow an extra suitcase to get everything home as it was, so good thing I didn’t get it!
IMG_6751
I loved the apartments set up to show how to organize apartments in the 300-800 square feet size.
IMG_6749
Love this style of dresser…
IMG_6758
Cute little bedroom.
IMG_6762
Brady insisted on getting out of the stroller…silly baby!
IMG_6763
There are such great kid toys.  Brady loved the abacus and the slide.
IMG_6766
Cute bathroom style…
IMG_6768
And I love, love, love the mirror with the deep frame that could be used as a shelf.
I hear that Kansas City is getting an Ikea within a few years.  I am going to need to buy a truck…that’s only two hours away!
signature21_thumb[2]

3 comments:

Al@PolkaDotsandPaisley said...

I love Ikea! My boss ordered me to go there this weekend to pick up some things for school, and by ordered I mean joked that it was an order so I'd have an excuse to go. It's two hours each way so now I can go guilt free.

Josh and Liz said...

Ruth and I looked at that blue cart for awhile, too, too but ran into the same problem with the plane thing! :)

Sophie Belle Designs said...

There was no IKEA in Ireland until recently. But then we got one in Dublin and I'm 15 minutes away door to door so it's handy for a quick trip.