Thursday, March 14, 2013

Candle Holder Makeover

100_7314

I found this sad pillar candle holder at Goodwill for just $2.

100_6961

It was from Kohl’s and originally cost $24.99.  I glued a section of it together…it wasn’t completely broken but it was wobbly.  The glue did the trick and it was solid again.

100_6965

After a good cleaning and sanding, I used some leftover latex paint and distressed it a bit.

100_7304

A coat of lacquer was the last step and it was done!

100_7308

I found the perfect candle that smells so good at Hobby Lobby, with my coupon of course!

100_7309

It has a beachy feel which is my favorite.

100_7311

I love it and have been on the outlook for another wooden candle holder to make a grouping of them.

100_7314

100_7313

I will be linking to some of these great parties!

 

signature21

16 comments:

Unknown said...

It turned out beautiful - and what a match you found with the candle - looks like you bought them as a set!!!
XOX

Heirloom treasures said...

It is so lovely,the candle matches perfectly. :)

familytribe said...

This is a great transformation. I love it! I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog.

Unknown said...

This is really pretty! The candle is perfect with the candleholder.

Selene @ Restoration Beauty said...

It turned out so nice! I love the color and distressing detail you added!
Selene @ restorationbeauty.com

Megan Gunyan said...

Oh, I love the color! You did a great makeover!

Stampin' VMG206 said...

Very pretty ~ beachy, too!
I found you today at Under the Table and Dreaming's Linky. I hope you can stop by my blog and leave a comment, too!
~ Megin of Vmg206
www.vmg206.blogpsot.com

Eclectic Red Barn said...

What a lovely candlestick. I love the color and the candle matches so well.Found you at Sumo's Sweet Stuff
I am your newest follower.
Have a nice week,
Bev
@http://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com

Me said...

I just love candle holders and this one is gorgeous. Love the color. (visiting from Keeping it Simple). Thanks for sharing. Debbie from One Day at a Time.

Lorie said...

Such a great find! And the new color is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Great find! I love the transformation!

I'd love to share this with my Goodwill followers on fb at The Goodwill Gal!

meandmr.com said...

Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop, you have a wonderful blog! You can find me at meandmr.com

-Melanie @ meandmr.com

xinex said...

Oh how pretty! I love the transformation and it looks so good with that candle...Christine

Susie Buetow said...

Oh my these are awesome! I'm a huge fan of Goodwill! Thank you for sharing them with us in our Crafty Showcase. We love seeing what you link up each week!

New linky: http://bowdabrablog.com/2013/03/23/crafty-showcase-link-up-anything-fun-in-the-craft-project-linky-6/

Have a super week! Susie @Bowdabra

Susie Buetow said...

Oh my these are awesome! I'm a huge fan of Goodwill! Thank you for sharing them with us in our Crafty Showcase. We love seeing what you link up each week!

New linky: http://bowdabrablog.com/2013/03/23/crafty-showcase-link-up-anything-fun-in-the-craft-project-linky-6/

Have a super week! Susie @Bowdabra

Shannon Barefoot said...

Love the new look :) That blue color is one of my favorites!
Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot