Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Ginormous Bulletin Board Makeover

IMG_3737

This bulletin board is bigger than my desk at work…I’m pretty sure it came over on the Mayflower or the Nina or the Penta (I think those are the names of those three Pilgrim ships).  And you can see that it is stained and faded and had lots of holes and staples stuck in it.

IMG_3736

After getting permission of course, I decided to spruce it up a bit as our offices were moving to a new building while I was gone on vacation.  I taped off the wooden frame and

IMG_3739

used a painting pad (trust me I used a sponge brush at first and it just didn’t get enough coverage) to slather on the paint and this baby took almost a full quart of Clark and Kensington paint with primer (a freebie from one of their promo offers at Westlakes).  The corkboard just soaked it up.

IMG_3742

This is the difference between the first coat on the left and the second coat on the right.  It was pretty plain, so I decided to add something to spiff it up.  I had an old USA folded map and cut it in strips.

IMG_3761

I used Mod Podge to attach the map…I love it!! This pic was taken in the old office. 

100_6167

Here it is in my new office.  Lots of space on it and it looks great!  Plus it helps cover that mauve wall!

100_6163

I am linking to these great parties!

 

Signature

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your ginormous board turned out so much better! It's amazing what some paint and a little tender loving care can do for something. Great Project!

A Daughter of the King said...

I love the quote on the ginormous board!

Crystelle said...

It's so pretty! I bet you LOVE using it....

hugs ~ Crystelle

Lindsay Artsy-Fartsy Mama said...

Love it!! Makeovers are so fun :) You did an amazing job!
Thanks for sharing at Artsy Corner, hope to see you again this week!

Bonnie said...

I love this bulletin board! Inspired. The map on the top and bottom really makes it! :)

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Great way to add new life to that dinosaur! Thanks for sharing this with my readers.

Warmly, Michelle
Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust