Since I made a dress for Elena for her flower girl gig, I decided to make Miss Audrey an outfit. I had a pattern that I thought was not used, so I sorted through some fabric and had Liz pick out the fabric she liked from my stash.
Once I got the pattern opened, I realized it had been used to make a extra small dress and bloomers instead of the medium or large size that Audrey needed. I had used the pattern to make Elena a flower girl dress when she was six weeks old.
So, I thought, piece of cake, I can just whiz through and add an extra 1/2 inch here and 1/4 inch there. Well, as you can see, it didn’t work out so great! It’s cute but it is huge! So now I am going to add some elastic to the back of the waist to try to snug it up a bit.
I love the little bloomers that go with it! They hit her about knee level and Audrey’s chunky little legs are so cute!
I spent very little on this dress and bloomers…had the fabric in my stash, I bought the polka dot ribbon at Wal-Mart for a few dollars, and that was it! The elastic I used was recycled from an almost new sheet that got destroyed in the washer.
I know one thing…this kiddo is a lot harder to photograph because she is always on the move!! Most pictures were a blur!
I am linking to these great parties…