Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Binky Bling, Pacifier Pretties, Soother Strings, Dummy DooDads

What every you call it, it is imperative to keep track of the proverbial pacifier. Liz asked me to make some Binky holders for a shower gift...my talented sister Sarah had made a cute one for Elena, and Liz loved it because the clamp part was little (not like the ones you buy with the ginormous clamp). I purchased these little plastic pacifier clamps with little teeth that grip baby clothes gently without making holes or having metal against the baby.

I used a length of 3/8-1/2 inch ribbon, twice the length I wanted the holder to be plus 1.5 inches. I prefer grosgrain ribbon because I think it looks better, but satin is also fine. I also love printed ribbons, there is such a great selection at my favorite craft store, Hobby Lobby.
Loop it through the hold on the plastic clip and sew both long edges together and make several runs across the cut ends of the ribbon.


Then I sewed Velcro (I like to use the Velcro brand Soft Sew On because it is very soft as the name implies) the width of the ribbon, leaving a little over an inch for the Binky hole or handle.

I used my favorite product--Fray Check--at the very end of the ribbon so it will never fray when washed (hand wash or spot clean only).


Here are the finished products, providing an invaluable service to babies everywhere!


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Aren't they fun to make??

Love 'em!

Josh and Liz said...

Love them! :) As did the new (almost) mom you made them for!!

Fritos and Donuts said...

I have been trying to find plastic clamps to make pacifier clips FOREVER! Where in the world do I find them? I love crafts and I am dying to make my own. My baby is teething and she wants a pacifier all the time, so having a lot of pacifier clips would really save me right now :)