Thursday, April 4, 2013

Fabric Dog Collar

100_7392

Milo is modeling a dog collar that I made for a big lab…Milo is a lab wanna be…he only weighs 20# so I had to tighten the collar as far down as I could get it and it is still just hanging!

100_7386

It fits much better around Milo’s chest. 

100_7385

A close friend of my niece and her husband is moving with his family to Australia.  That family includes this beautiful yellow lab named Maggie!

IMG_6851

Here’s Maggie with my nephew Brady. She is so gentle and sweet…

IMG_6795

Here she is chillaxin…

100_7384

I wanted to give Maggie something special because she is such an awesome dog. 

100_7382

My sister Sarah makes fabric collars for all the dogs in her life.  So, I thought I would give it a try and make Maggie a kangaroo collar.  I found the kangaroo fabric on Spoonflower.com and purchased an ugly collar at Wal-Mart that was Maggie’s size.  I just took it apart and used the hardware to make the new collar.

100_7391

Seriously easy project!

I might be linking to some of these great parties!

signature21

9 comments:

Mrs B said...

what a cute pug! Thanks for the tutorial too!

Crystal said...

So cute! :-)

Unknown said...

I have to many furbabies and this would be awesome for them!

I also found you on the Round Tuit
Teresa!
http://freebies4myfamily.blogspot.com

Stampin' VMG206 said...

What a great post! That collar is so cute.
I'm visiting you today from Sugar Bee. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog and leave a comment and Link Up, too!
~ Megin of VMG206
Medicine Cabinet Makeover

Diane said...

So cute! My daughter would probably really enjoy making these for our dog. :) Please come by and link up at “Pin it Again” Friday (http://wp.me/p2TL9t-16Q). It goes live today at 3:00 PST.

Please Come on by to link up your SPECIFIC Pinterest Pin for this project and others can see it and pin it their pin boards. And, while you are here, stay awhile and pins others great ideas on your boards as well! Blessings!

Shannon Barefoot said...

What a cute puppy dog - love the custom colar :) Thanks for sharing at The Weekly Creative.

Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Love them - the collars AND the dogs!
I never thought to make my own.

Warmly, Michelle
Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

Sinea Pies said...

This is awesome. I love the look and the style, too. With the larger loop and clasp, if for some reason the clasp were to give the loop should catch and keep the collar on the dog. Nothing's perfect but it is definitely the style I prefer for my energetic 9month old yellow lab. Her old collar (different style) broke from her strength and she got loose. Thankfully, I caught her.
:)

Susie @bowdabra said...

How cute! Thanks for linking up your adorable idea! Stop by again next week and link up some more awesome projects.

Have a great week!
Susie@bowdabra
http://bowdabrablog.com