Sunday, January 22, 2012

DIY Pony Tail Holders {{by Sarah}}

Hi everyone! It’s Sarah back for another guest post. Ellen keeps telling me that I should start my own blog. My creativity mode has its own manic-depressive personality, so there may be periods of time that I don’t accomplish a thing. I know I would get a “blog fog block” occasionally (also known as BFB, because if you try to say “blog fog block” a few times, it turns into a tongue twister). For now, as long as my creativity is in the manic mode, and Ellen allows me to guest post once in a while, all is well. :c)

Today I wanted to share some tie dye ponytail holders. Here is a great tutorial on how to make them.  I kind of took the easy way out and bought some dye in premixed spray bottles at Hobby Lobby.

clip_image002

I used 5/8 inch wide white fold-over elastic and started randomly spraying the elastic.

clip_image004

Let dry. This type of dye requires to either heat press with an iron or heat set in the dryer. I chose the latter.  Cut into desired length. I cut mine in 12 inch pieces. Knot ends together. I like to leave some short tails. I cut the ends at an angle and applied Fray Check to prevent raveling.

clip_image006

I also made a few with colored elastic, so no dyeing was needed. See the brown one below with a few of the sprayed ones.

clip_image008

Thanks again, Ellen! Love ya!

Linking to these great parties!

Signature Sarah

19 comments:

Full Circle Creations said...

Great idea!

Holly

Jill said...

A lovely simple idea!!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Jen the CraftinCowgirl said...

What a simple project. My daughter would love making some of these, thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Very cute! My 11 year old daughter would love to make some of these. They would make great gifts for her friends too!
~Tonia @TheGunnySack.com

Anonymous said...

Very cute! My daughters would love these!

Janel from NellieBellie said...

Fun fun! What a great way to personalize them!

Little City Farm said...

These are super cute. Glad you're in a manic mode. :) Thanks for sharing at our Link It Up Thursday party.

Kristen said...

such a good idea! I have looked for fold over elastic for a while and have only been able to find white but wanted color. Now maybe I can do that :) Thanks so much for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. www.ladybug-blesings.com

Jennifer McLean said...

a really good and simple idea. I crocheted headbands this week too, we're both thinking hair this week. :o)
Best,
Jenn from www.justaddwatersilly, hopping from Link it up!
(newest follower)

Julianna said...

Great idea! I love these ponytail holders and this is a great idea to make them super special. Thanks for linking this week.
Julie @ Singing Three Little Birds

Jami said...

What fun headbands! Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up to the Tuesday To Do Party!
Smiles!
Jami
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

How fun and colorful! Happy you linked to Things I've Done Thursday!

www.bearrabbitbear.com

P.S. I'd like to invite you back to check out my new blog makeover and to enter my current giveaways!! Have an excellent weekend!

PaperVine said...

These are so much fun - thanks for sharing!
Lowri
http://papervinenz.blogspot.com/

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

These are great! TFS at this week's link party !

MiaB said...

This is great!!! So cool :) Would really love it if you could share this here with us http://www.mamamiasheart2heart.com/2012/01/sharing-saturday-4.html

Thanks so much,
MiaB

Kara at Petals to Picots said...

Very clever! Thanks for sharing at my party!!

MiaB said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing this with us at Sharing Saturday. Hope you have a great week.

~MiaB
www.mamamiasheart2heart.com

Six Sisters said...

So cute!! They'll go perfect with our dyed tshirts! Thanks for linking up with "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We loved having you and hope you'll be back next Saturday to share more terrific ideas! -The Sisters

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Clever & creative. Thanks so much for sharing at Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust, & Pixie Dust.

Warmly, Michelle