Monday, December 12, 2011

Thrifted Grapevine Tree {{by Sarah}}

Hi! It’s Sarah, Ellen’s sister. Just stopping by again to share a repurposed thrift store find. I saw this tree and knew it had great potential. And it begged me to take it home. (Yes, I hear voices in thrift stores). :c)
clip_image002
clip_image004
clip_image006
I removed the raffia, bows, and lights. I debated about whether to spray paint it. But I liked the natural look so much. It looks perfect just as it is.
clip_image008
I decided to keep its simplicity and add a garland. I found these wooden beads at yet another thrift shop for $1.
clip_image010
I strung them on some jute twine and wrapped this around the tree.
clip_image012
I love the simplicity of having just the garland. I can change it easily to match the season or the d├ęcor. Another idea is Ellen’s super cute wool garland here…or wrap it with burlap ribbon. Stringing buttons on baker’s twine is another idea. Or wool felted balls on a garland of yarn like this. I can see endless possibilities!
Thanks, again, Ellen, for allowing me to share another creation! Love ya!
 
I am linking to these great parties!

Signature Sarah

3 comments:

Terrie said...

Simple is the most pretty. Very natural with the little colorful dots.

Fiona said...

It's lovely and I will have to keep an eye out for something similar in the charity shops here!

marissa said...

what a cute idea I love the beads I'd love you to add this to my What We Wore and Made Party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW