Thursday, February 3, 2011

Valentine's Day Cards...Be Mine

I am not much on Valentine's Day...to me it is just another day.  I don't decorate for it, but my son's birthday is a few days before, so there is always a party in the vicinity of Valentine's Day.
I wanted to make a few special cards for Valentine's so of course I thought of wool first!
As you can see the first step was to get my Diet Coke opened.
I cut out a simple heart shape from a piece of felted wool that happened to be pink striped.  Appropriate, don't you think?
I sewed each heart onto a colored print card stock with transparent thread.
Then i used some high powered spray adhesive to adhere the card stock onto the actual card I was using.  See the 2 liter bottle of Diet Coke in the background?  We were snowed in and I wanted to make sure that I had plenty in case I couldn't get out for weeks. 
And then I used these alphabet stamps (which I scored at Salvation Army for $1 for the set) to stamp Be Mine inside.
I just used black ink, but red or pink would look great too!
I love the font!
I love the way it turned out here on the inside of the cards.
And here is the final result...
I think they turned out really nice! 

14 comments:

Meri said...

I've been meaning to bust out my new stamps! Love your valentines!

Lindsey @ Confessions Of A Marine Wife said...

Those are super adorable, and I'm really jealous about the stamps. Lucky...

Emily {WhipperBerry} said...

So cute! Thanks for linking up!

Wendy Walker Cushing said...

Darling!

Sally said...

These are really adorable! A lot of "bang" for a little work! I may have to make some of these.

That's an amazing find, too...a Stampin' Up! Alphabet set for $1!!!

Stacey said...

These are darling. I'd love to receive a homemade card like this. And those alphabets stamps DO have the greatest font. So fun!

Ginger said...

Cute! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

Linda said...

I think they turned out really nice, too. Thanks for showing us how!
Linda

Jill said...

Great cards! I can't believe you got that whole set of stamps for just $1!! what a bargain!!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit this week!
Hope you have a great weekend!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

How cute! Thanks for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All.

Julie said...

Great! Thanks for inspiring me this week!
Julie @ Singing Three Little Birds!

Ginger said...

You have been featured at SSB! Check out your feature below:

http://superstinkyboys.blogspot.com/2011/02/mad-skills-monday-link-party-45.html

Be sure to snag the I was Featured button for your blog! Hope you visit again soon!
xoxo
Ginger

Jenn Erickson said...

Ellen, what a wonderful mixed-media card! I love the striped wool especially! Thank you so much for sharing another excellent project at Rook No. 17! I always enjoy your projects and look forward to more to come...

Happy Valentines' Day!
Jenn

Frencis Merchant said...

I am very thankful to all your team for sharing such inspirational information.my valentine love