Sunday, May 3, 2009

A fresh coat and the merits of mint....





A good coat of black paint makes every thing look so fresh and clean. I put a light coat on my crow trio and my flying pig that I put out every spring and they look good as new. I also sprayed the metal tables and I love how fresh they look.


I also covered a lightweight flowerpot (not plastic but one of those fiberglass ones) with a coat of gloss black. I was thinking about tossing it as it had areas where the original paint was off, but now I am glad I didn't. My coleus look great in it.



Even the gazing ball base and the door mat got a fresh coat...



And now on to the merits of mint...I wish I had never planted this stuff!

Now I find out that the "plant is invasive and should be grown in pots or in lengths of plastic pipe buried in the ground". It has infiltrated my flower bed and has even sent runners underneath the deck sidewalk to the other side of the flower bed. The smell is nice and fresh, but it sure can take over a garden or flower bed in a flash. I have been known to stomp on a clump for the pleasant aroma and to eliminate just one plant...but it never seems to make a difference.

My friend Nancy can testify to the invasiveness of mint...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

willis....everything looks great....i have been out on my porch having fun too....my favorite time of year...