Sunday, November 17, 2013

Life and other stuff…

I have had an interesting last few months.  Work is going places I never imagined, my son had left the nest and now he’s back after a few months. Family issues have me stressed out to the max…adjustments right and left…2013-10-20 003

I started posting the “I’m thankful today for” posts on Facebook, but I have fallen behind.  I noticed this year it is hard for me to think of things. I feel sorta shallow, hollow, empty.  So I have abandoned those postings but am still trying to think along those lines.  To give myself a reason every day to be thankful for being who I am, where I am. 

2013-10-28 014

Because the truth is, I am blessed.  My son is healthy and well, he is trying to find his way in the world and I have all confidence that he will. I am healthy, I am happy, I am smart, I know how to make my way in the world.

2013-10-28 024

I have had several recent hours long discussions with my son, usually late at night, about what life is all about.  What it means to be an adult.  I didn’t initiate these conversations, he did.  He’s learning that maybe he doesn’t know everything, including what he wants to be when he “grows up”, but that he doesn’t have to decide right now.  That it is better to do your best at whatever it is that you are doing rather than do everything you (and the rest of the world) think you should do. 

2013-10-28 025

I told him that I didn’t imagine my life this way when I was his age, but I wouldn’t change anything about it, because that means he wouldn’t be in my life. I think he saved my life in many ways and I can’t imagine life without him. 

2013-10-28 033

I have learned that letting go is alright, painful, but alright. That things may never be the same, but they will be ok.  Life wouldn’t be very interesting if it didn’t change.

2013-10-28 059

Nothing is the same as it looks on the outside…

IMG_4560

There’s no place like home and…

IMG_4537

home is where your family is…and you get to pick your family to an extent. 

IMG_3950

I can’t wait until my next trip to the ocean in April. 

signature21

1 comment:

jess said...

love the honesty in this post. beautiful quotes & pics too. hopefully 2014 brings some healing & peace & joy for you. love you!