Thursday, August 15, 2013

Resin Flower Pendants

 100_8562

I have always wanted to try my hand at making resin flowers…so when I teamed up with WholePort, I knew it was my chance! 

mold

I got this mold…very pretty and delicate.

npg0grhkl65bkiaustq2b

I learned a lot about the resin process, mainly that there are a lot of variables when working with resin.  Seems that the heat, humidity and other unknown factors affect how (or if) the resin sets up. 

100_8522

Here’s some of my first products…not great and not all of them hardened all the way, but some were useable.

100_8575

But as I played with the resin more, things started turning out better!

100_8573

I got 5 different molds from WholePort and used them all.

100_8562

Another thing I did was when I had a dab of leftover resin I would just put it in a 30 ml medicine cup.  When the resin hardened, I cut the cup and pulled out the resin circle.  I got to thinking (ever had that happen?) about how that would make a good base for the flowers to make pendants.

100_8563

So I got out my E6000 (also from WholePort) and glued contrasting flowers onto the resin circles!  And I loved the way it looked….

100_8565

I glued bails to the backs of those circles and I had me some pendants.

100_8566

I am just loving how they turned out. 

100_8568

Very cute! 

100_8594

Check out my blog side bar, click on the WholePort button and see what you can find there!

I may be linking to these great parties!

signature21

6 comments:

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

So pretty! I love that glue!

Karla Do More said...

These are so pretty. I just went shopping for some of these and they were EXPENSIVE!!! I had no ideayou could buy molds. It's seemed so much harder. I would LOVE for you to share this at "That's My Style" Link Party this FRIDAY! I hope to see you there. :)

Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

Jill said...

Cute little pendants Ellen!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

ursula said...

These are so so pretty. Yet another craft I could become addicted to!!! ;)

Terriea Kwong said...

Such pretty pendants. You're clever to make it.

Amy Greene said...

These are super cute! And I love your idea to put them on pendants. This looks fun!