Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I saw, I pinned, I made!

I saw this on Pinterest and just had to pin it!  I needed a little something for a gift, so I thought I would give the pattern a shot. 
The pattern is adapted from an 1893 circle motif pattern.  Very simple!  I did make some adjustments to the pattern of course…the middle one is exactly the same as the directions. 
On the littlest one I only did three rows, on the largest one I added a row to the pattern.
The yarn I used was Cream and Sugar cotton yarn….it is actually a pretty purple color. Not sure what was going on with the camera and/or lighting, but they are definitely not blue!
Another successful Pinterest project!!
I am linking to these great parties!


Pamela said...

Pretty! do you make any items that are for babies that you would like to donate? If so - I am hosting a linky party for Star of Hope Womens Shelter - http://sewmuchclass.blogspot.com
Would certainly love to have you as a follower - as I am a new follower here.

Flowers in the Window said...

These are very pretty. What a lovely gift :) Maggie xx

Megan said...

They are beautiful! You did an excellent job

angeliki said...

Hi Ellen! I like your circle pattern so much!I recently started crocheting and love making flowers! What size of crochet hook did you use?

Beth said...

Boy, do I wish I could crochet, I'd be making all kinds of flowers and doilies! I don't blame you for wanting to make these-they're REALLY pretty!

And for what it's worth, most cameras have a problem getting blues and purples right. I don't know if a special lens is required or what.

marissa said...

these turned out great. I hope you'll stop by and add this and any other posts you're proud of to my Wednesday What We Wore and Made Link party


Wendy said...

So pretty! Any idea what you're going to do with them?