My old Bible cover was ragged, it was made from plastic-backed canvas and just plain and black and as old as the hills (sort of like me). Last week I found this prequilted fabric at Hobby Lobby for just $1.50, it was just a bit over 2/3 yard. I love navy, so I knew I would use the fabric some day. Well the day arrived Sunday afternoon when I was on the way home from church when I had the idea to make a "purse" for my Bible....so after lunch I started working on the project. I just measured around my Bible, and used a 22" zipper for the opening. I even put a zippered outside pocket so I could keep my notes and pen and what not handy! Anyway, I love it and put it to good use already on Sunday evening.