Monday, March 23, 2009

Before and after


Before...
This is my collection of knitting and crocheting tools stored nicely in a gallon sized zip lock bag...knitting needles, crochet hooks and yarn needles, stitch holders, scissors and tape measure...this is how they were stored. Not convenient at all....



And here is the after....
I have had lots of time on my hands lately and saw a pattern for this organizer for knitting needles. I have actually looked at needle holders in the store, but they never had enough space to hold all my larger needles.

I had the fabrics and ribbon so I didn't need to buy anything. I did buy the pattern when it was 99 cents, but didn't use it (a common habit of mine, I prefer to do things my way...sometimes I will read the directions but I seldom actually use the pattern). Using the striped fabric inside helped me stitch neatly for the pockets.


Knitting needles, straight and circular, big and little

Double pointed needles and needle gauge



And finally crochet hooks!
It is so much easier to find all my implements now!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love it! What a neat idea!

Anonymous said...

now i realize that my birthday isn't for another 5 months, but if you made me one of these i wouldn't complain! :)