I saw a tutorial on Prudent Baby for making a dress from a onesie. I had an extra onesie left over from a Christmas gift for my great niece Miss Audrey Lou. So of course, I had to try it. I have this cute bumble bee fabric and thought it would be perfect.
And since accessories are everything, I decided to add a matching headband. After I finished the headband, I thought it would be cute to put a similar flower on the shoulder of the onesie. Now, I do have to say that making the dress was a bit harder than I thought it would be.
I followed the directions, attached the skirt, and luckily before I sewed the seam I realized it was pinned so the skirt would be wrong side out. I unpinned and repinned and then realized the only skirt seam was in the middle of the front of the dress. So I unpinned and repinned and fixed it.Or so I thought. Sooooo, the only seam on the skirt is right in the middle of the front of the dress!
But as you can see Audrey doesn't mind at all and I am telling myself that it really isn't too noticeable.
The tutorial is great and making the dress was not hard.
I think it took Audrey's mom Liz and I longer to get these "action" shots of Audrey than it did for me to make the dress!
It's a great idea because it has the diaper cover built in!
This kiddo can't hold still for even a minute!
I couldn't decide which type of headband to use, but eventually went with the wider elastic lacy one...